Drawdown Europe, an initiative of the German Energy Agency (dena) and Climate-KIC, was launched in 2018 and stems from Project Drawdown’s initial collaborative research project seeking the most substantive solutions to revers-ing global warming.
The second gathering of Drawdown Europe will celebrate the launch of the German translation of the Drawdown book, and under the umbrella of the “100 solutions” proposed in the book, inspire a Call to Action in the fight against climate change across Europe. This event will welcome keynotes from high-profile leaders and TED-style talks from brilliant experts and entrepreneurs on thematic areas related to the solutions. We will end the evening with a recep-tion and opportunity for networking to shape the next steps in implementing the Drawdown solutions.
17:00 – 17:30: Registration
17:30 – 18:00: Opening Ministerial Keynote, Q&A
- Svenja Schulze, German Federal Minister for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nu-clear Safety
- Moderation by Andreas Kuhlman, CEO of the German Energy Agency (dena)
18:00-18:10: Launch of the German Translation of Drawdown Book
18:10-18:50: What’s Next for Drawdown Europe?
- Andreas Kuhlmann, CEO of the German Energy Agency (dena)
- Dr. Kirsten Dunlop, CEO of EIT Climate-KIC
- Chad Frischmann, Vice President of Project Drawdown
- Moderation: Nick Nuttall, Former Spokesperson of the UNFCCC
18:50 – 19:05: Cooling Down Europe
- Iain Campbell, Senior Fellow, Rocky Mountain Institute
19:05 – 19:20: How Companies Can Create Climate Impact
- Léon Wijnands, Global Head of Sustainability, ING
19:20- 19:30: Closing Statements
- Andreas Kuhlmann, CEO of dena
- Kirsten Dunlop, CEO of Climate-KIC
19:30 – 21:00: Reception and Networking
Moderation: Nick Nuttall, Former Spokesperson of the UNFCCC
The Reed, Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 13, 10178 Berlin